Now matter how new or old your home might be, there will come a time when you’ll be faced with a plumbing emergency. When that time comes, will you know who to call or will you find yourself frantically looking for a plumber, hoping for the best?
The truth is, most people don’t think about hiring a reputable, professional plumber until a need arises. But if you’re looking to save some of your hard-earned money and time, the best time to choose a plumber is long before you actually need one.
So to help make the selection process a little less daunting, here are 5 questions to ask a prospective plumber.
- How many years have they been in business? While everyone has to start somewhere, when it comes to the intricate workings of your home’s plumbing system, experience matters.
- Are they licensed and insured? You want to make sure that any plumber you hire is licensed in your state, and carries insurance to protect himself and your home in the event of a mishap.
- How do they charge for their services? Be wary of plumbers whose rates are significantly lower than anyone else, as they might be cutting corners to make up the difference. Higher price doesn’t guarantee better work, but sometimes, you do get what you pay for.
- Do they warranty their repair and installation services? A reputable plumber will stand behind their work.
- What kind of services do you offer? If your plumbing needs are more complex, like a kitchen expansion or bath addition, make sure that a plumber can handle all the work you need to get done, now or later.
And while you’re at it, check out their web sites. Like ours , for example, here at Connor Plumbing. There’s lots of valuable information about our long history, the range of plumbing services we offer, and current web specials. You’ll even find our company blog: in fact you already have, because you’re on it right now. Connor Plumbing: we look forward to the chance to earn your business.