Whether you’re considering updating your home before putting it up for sale, or simply wanting to give it a little facelift, you might be wondering which home improvement projects add the most value to your home. Well, traditionally, kitchen and bathroom remodels have had a high return on investment, assuming you don’t wrap your cabinets in gold-leaf.
But, believe it or not, there are other remodeling projects that not only improve the look and feel of your home, but actually deliver an equally high, if not higher, return on your investment. Here are the top 5 non-kitchen and bath projects according Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report.
- Replacing your old, drafty entry door for an energy-efficient steel door can add deliver a 96.6% return on investment, not to mention loads of curb appeal.
- More people are deciding against a 3 or 4 season porch, which can be expensive to heat and cool – not to mention build – and opting instead to add a wood or composite deck to their home. And at an average cost of less than $10,000 to build and an 87.4% return, you can affordably extended your living space and quench your appetite for al fresco dining.
- Need more space? Why not get it from the space you already own? Converting attic space into a bedroom or office adds valuable square footage to your home without altering its footprint. And with an 84.3% return on investment, it’s money well spent.
- Replacing your garage door adds instant curb appeal. And with countless colors and styles to choose from, it’s easy to match the exterior of your home. Expect to get about 83% of your money back on this upgrade.
- If you have old, drafty windows, you’re probably well aware of the energy (and money) being lost. Replacing yours with new wood windows can deliver a 79.3% return on investment, and 78.7% for less expensive vinyl.
If, on the hand, you’re ready to embark on a kitchen or bath upgrade, Connor Plumbing is ready and able to assist you with all the plumbing needed to successfully complete the project. We look forward to helping you add beauty, functionality, and value to your home.