Upon entering your bathroom, do you ever just stand there, look around, and wonder what you would do differently? Tear it all down and start over? Replace your tub with a shower stall? Rip out the wall tiles and paint?
From total make-over to cosmetic updates – and so much in between – a world of possibilities awaits you – even if you’re on a limited budget.
To help get you started down the path of discovery and eventual completion, consider these affordable bathroom upgrades that will please your senses and wow guests.
- Replace Your Vanity. Is it showing signs of wear? Do you wish you had more counter or drawer space? Replace your vanity and your whole bathroom will look like new. Consider a wall-mounted vanity so you can clean the floor beneath it. That also will make your bathroom look bigger.
- Replace Your Bathroom Floor. Today, you have more styles and options to choose from, including hardwood, engineered wood, ceramic tiles, laminate, marble, and more. What a difference a new floor type and color can make.
- Replace Your Vanity Countertop and Sink. Vessel sinks (just as one example) are growing in popularity every day. Single and double basin designs are available. Plus, you can choose from granite, stone, copper, marble, and other sink materials. Vessel sinks add height to your vanity and lend a distinctly European look to your décor.
- Freshen Caulk and Grout. When caulk and grout get grimy, they get ugly, too. By simply cleaning the grout and adding straight, clean lines of caulk around the tub and sink, you can add sparkle for a mere few dollars. What could be more affordable!
- Update the Lighting. Sometimes all a bathroom needs to look its best is a new source of light. This is particularly true in bathrooms that don’t have much lighting to begin with or where the existing lights are dim. Waterproof recessed lighting is a great way to upgrade the look of a shower and more lights around the vanity are always a plus.
- Add Shelving. Take advantage of your empty wall space and let it provide you with some gorgeous storage options. There are so many options to choose from, including open shelving. Store your prettiest towels in sight and use baskets to hide everyday necessities!
If resale value is on your mind, you can expect to recoup up to 65% of what you spend on upgrades and remodeling. No matter what your motivation might be, Connor Plumbing is ready to provide all the plumbing assistance you need to make your bathroom a more comfortable and eye-catching environment. Contact us today for ideas and a project proposal.