Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or a child’s birthday party, chances are the bulk of holiday and special occasion-planning is handled by moms. From shopping, to baking and recording those special memories, many moms happily do it all.
So when it comes to her and all she does this Mother’s Day, make it special. Skip the grocery store chocolate and flowers, and show the mother of you children, or your own mom just how truly valued she is.
Here are just a few suggestions for making this Mother’s Day one to remember.
- Give her the gift of help around the house. Take care of the cleaning, dusting, and laundry. Not sure you can pull it off the way she’d do it? Ask her for a little to-do list. Better yet, hire a housecleaner to do a thorough cleaning while you take her out to dinner.
- Have the kids get crafty. Moms love home-made gifts from the heart. If you have a baby, make a clay keepsake of your baby’s handprint. Ask the older kids to write out all the reasons they love their mom. Or make a family memory book with pictures and drawings from your children.
- Give a gift for who she is as a person, not just a mom. Unless you know for a fact that she really wants that fancy juicer or stand mixer, avoid household appliance purchases. Instead, treat her to a spa day, a luncheon with friends, or tickets to a performance.
- Plan a fun-filled family day. For many moms, spending quality time with their family is the best gift of all. Start with home-made breakfast (remember, you’re in charge of cooking and cleaning!), have a picnic lunch at a park, go see a movie together, or take a walk on the beach.
- Celebrate all mothers, especially those in need. In honor of your mother or the mother of your children, make a donation to an organization that helps mothers and children in need.
At Connor Plumbing, we salute Moms everywhere and send our heartfelt thanks for all you do.